on February 18, 2021
- Ethereum (ETH), the second-largest cryptocurrency, hit an all-time high price of $1918.52 during Thursday’s Asian trading session before scaling back slightly. The cryptocurrency remains up over 2 percent for the day, trading just below the $1900 level. The surge was prompted by the frenzy surrounding Bitcoin which has sent the leading cryptocurrency to new highs and returned trader interest to the crypto market.
- U.S. stock futures are pointing to a lower open on Thursday as traders wait for initial jobless claims data which will be released later today.
- Several key players in the GameStop drama are expected to testify before Congress today and to decry the actions of fledgling investment platform Robinhood.
- Apple stocks closed below their 50-day moving average on Wednesday as Vanguard and Warren Buffet trimmed their holdings. Want to get in on Apple’s low price? Trade Now!
- The dollar remained unchanged against the yen on Thursday, though it slid modestly lower against the British pound, the euro, and the Australian dollar.
- Nearly 400,000 people were diagnosed with the COVID-19 on Wednesday, though the trend remains notably lower than January highs when there were nearly 900,000 diagnoses per day.